7 Facts About Mold
Even though you may not see it, mold
infestation can become a serious problem. Here are some facts
about mold and fungi.
1. Black mold is toxic, though it can be present in gray or brown
colors. It can cause health problems both people and pets. Exposure
to mold and fungi has been associated with asthma, allergies and
respitory problems. You may not know when there's mold in your building
or apartment, but you
can actually breathe the spores and that can cause .
2. Don't confuse mold with dirt. Mold and fungi are living organisms,
related to the family of mushrooms. Mold cannot be cleaned away
- it must be killed. Mold can return again and again unless the
source and cause of the mold is eliminated.
3. If you want to determine if a dirty patch on a surface is mold
or dirt, spray some water on it and rub. If the patch turns slimy,
you most likely have a mold removal job on your hands.
4. Mold cannot be eliminated simply by pouring bleach on it. Most
chemicals are ineffective against spores.
5. Mold requires moisture and a food source to survive. Moisture
can come from leaks, damp basement walls and water vapor. The food
souce is typically water. To really tackle mold removal, you have
to find the source of the moisture that is feeding it. Then you
have to dry it out, physically scrape off the mold and then apply
the right dilutions of the appropriate chemicals.
6. Removing old wallpaper, drywall or opening up previously enclosed
areas can uncover a previously unknown mold problem. A disturbance
can not only reveal mold, it can also server to disperse mold spores
into the air. This can lead to health problems and spread the contamination.
7. Mold remediation procedures should start as you suspect infestation.
Mold tests are simple to administer and can determine the level
From a one family home to an entire apartment
complex or office building, our warranted mold removal process
will continue to provide the ultimate safeguard for families and
businesses throughout New York City.
Suspect a problem? We provide mold testing and removal services
in Queens, the Bronx,
and throughout New
Call 888-250-6653 today for a free consultation!